Foundational: Enterprise Data/Information Management
Your Use Case/Project & Enterprise Data/Information Management
The Use Case/ Project course is designed for Data related practitioners tasked with ensuring that the Enterprise’s Data is fit for the purpose for which it is being used and that data management concerns relating to Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Architecture, Data Security and Data Quality are supporting the needs of the business. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers the Data Atom Data Management Framework, which was presented to the Southern African Data Management Association, at their Annual Data Management Conference in 2015 and workshopped at the International Chief Data Officer’s Forum – Africa during 2016.
The Data Atom Data Management Framework (DMF) also includes the Data Management topics: Terms and Definitions; Glossary and Definition Management; Taxonomies and Ontologies; Reduction of confusion and Ambiguity; Data Development; Information Development; and Data Operations. Specialised Data Management Disciplines are also explained: Reference Data; Meta-data; Master Data; Data Warehousing; Business Intelligence and Document and Content Management.
After you complete this course, you will know how to understand and head up the implementation of a Data Management Framework and thereby assist in restoring the correct balance to your Enterprise’s Data-Ecosystem, to best meet your Enterprise strategies and goals.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand The Data Atom DMF.
- Identify, prioritise & focus Data Stewardship needs.
- Describe the components of a DMF.
- Review and Report on the Data Ecosystem.
- Advise Projects on their Data Dependencies.
- Understand the basics of Data Governance.
- Bring your own Data related Use Case/Project and
- Select four of the following and receive specialist guidance on using them:
- Understand Data Architecture
- Understand Enterprise Data Architecture
- Understand Data Security
- Understand Data Quality
- Rationalise Terms & Definitions
- Develop and manage Glossaries
- Understand Taxonomies & Ontologies
- Implement Definition Management
- Find Data Sources
- Extract and create Data
- Clean Data
- Develop Data fit for Information
- Understand Information Development
- Understand Data Operations Management
- Understand Meta-data Management
- Understand Master Data Management
- Understand Data Warehouse Management
- Understand Business Intelligence Management
- Understand Document Management
- Understand Content Management
- Understand Data Integration
- Understand Point-to-Point and SOA